Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I have loved and owned cats for over 45 years.

Hello This is about my beloved cat, Oliver. I have my

This is about my beloved cat, Oliver.

I have my interpretation of this, but I would like yours. What would it mean to you?

Xray revealed "streaks of amorphous metallic fragments in the left gluteal region."

Hi Carol, I'm Dr. Deb. I will do my best to assist you today.

One interpretation of metallic fragments located in the left gluteal region would be that Oliver was shot with possibly buck shot or something similar.
However, if the leg overlapped the body then the the fragments might actually be located in the colon; then this could mean that Oliver ingested something which contained metal.
The positioning of the leg in the x-ray would be important information to have.

I hope this helps. Deb

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I was chatting with Dr. Altman

The would in the gluteal region was between his spine and hip.

More than likely, then, this sounds like gunshot residue to me.

Is this what you suspected?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You betcha!!

Would it be possible to get your name and practice info. I'm already taking this asshole to court for another reason, but he's going to court on this one. I witnessed him shooting at Oliver on another occasion. Oliver has now been missing for 2 days. Oliver ALWAYS comes home no matter where he goes. I know he killed him. It's only a matter of proving it now. Oliver goes on his property a lot.

This is just awful!!!! I can just imagine how upset and angry you must be; I'd be plotting all sorts of various misdeeds for this person if I were in your shoes.
Court would be the least of his problems!

Unfortunately, it's against site rules to share my practice information with you but my last name is Moore.

I do so hope you nail this guy to the wall! Deb
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you give me the state you practice in?

Yes, Massachusetts. Deb
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

GREAT!! Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX good night. I think I have to provide a rating after I send this post, can't do it at the same time.

Thanks again.

You're welcome and thanks so much for the rating and bonus; they're greatly appreciated.

I'll be cheering you on from a distance as you take this guy to court. Karma is a bitch as they say and I hope karma gives him what he deserves in a very big way!!!

Take care and good night to you as well. Deb