Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005

My husband accidentally left our cat (asleep under the bed)

My husband accidentally left our cat (asleep under the bed) when he set off Real-Kill Indoor Foggers through out the house. When he returned several hours later the cat was awake and immediately ran outside. He seems okay. Is there any treatment?
Hi there, and thank you for your question. I am a licensed veterinarian and would be happy to assist you. This could possibly cause permethrin toxicity, which can cause muscle tremors and seizures. Hypersalivation (drooling), depression, vomiting, anorexia and even death may also be seen, but that is less common. If you notice any of these signs, call a vet. Since this was not applied topically and was inhaled, he might be okay. Hope this helps! Best of luck.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

in what timeframe would symptoms be seen?

Within a few hours.