Dr. J.
Dr. J., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have spent extra time increasing my knowledge and skills with my feline patients for over 24 years.

my cat dont come wend i call or and she star to do this two

my cat dont come wend i call or and she star to do this two days ago
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. J. replied 10 months ago.

Dr. J. :

Hi, this is not uncommon for cats but it could also possibly indicate a medical problem. Deafness is a problem which can occur in cats and sometimes acutely,but usually it comes on very slowly. There is a very easy way to check for that. If your cat is in the same room that you are in try just saying her name and see if she will look at you. If she does then her hearing is fine. You can also clap your hands together if she is in the same room when she is not looking and see if she notices. If her hearing turns out to be ok, then it is behavioral. Most cats will not come to being called unless they believe there is something very special waiting for them on the other end. (like a treat). But I would not recommend giving treats everytime she comes as this could lead to obesity. So, this may just be a new normal behavior for her if her hearing is ok. My own personal cats never come unless they think there is food at the other end. This is very typical for most cats at some point. I hope I have helped you and if you need any other help, please don't hesitate to contact me. Sincerely, DRJ

Dr. J., Veterinarian
Experience: As a veterinarian, I have spent extra time increasing my knowledge and skills with my feline patients for over 24 years.
Expert:  Dr. J. replied 10 months ago.
Did you try those hearing checks with your kitty? I bet she is hearing ok and probably has developed selective hearing which lots of kitties do. :) Let me know if you have any other questions. Sincerely, DRJ