Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years in Companion Animal Practice and SPCA

cat cannot move front leg.Does not seem to be in pain unless

cat cannot move front leg.Does not seem to be in pain unless you try to move it.
Hello and thank you for asking your question. My name isXXXXX will try to help.
Does Angel go outside? Do you see any swelling? Does the leg drag when she walks?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

inside cat only.Was in a scrap with our other cat in the middle of night.Leg in held up position dangling but no obvious break.Does not seem to be swollen

If it is dangling, then my first thought is that it is fractured. Especially if she reacts when you press on it and it dangles while she walks.
I was also thinking she may have a nerve injury. But if that were the case, then she would not have a pain response when you press on it.
If she had a skin infection, from the fight, then it would not dangle. It would still have a pain response.
So a dangling leg, that the cat is not moving, is most likely a fracture.
So I recommend you take her into the vet for an x-ray and pain medication.
If it is a mild fracture, a splint will be applied for 6-8 weeks.
I hope this helps.
If you have additional questions, please click "reply."
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We just applied pressure to paw pad and she moved leg after looking at how she is reacting it appears that it is not dangling as much as she doesn't want to put weight on it but will very briefly and most pain seems to be in the shoulder she is also laying on that side without it seeming to cause pain so it may just be that she IS dragging it what could be the cause of that

That is more likely a soft tissue injury.
It could be a sprain.
If the other cat bit her in the leg, an infection could be brewing. That is painful.
Make sure you check between her paw pad to make sure nothing is stuck in there.
It is good she can move the leg though.
That makes nerve injury unlikely and a fracture less likely.
If it is just a sprain, she will improve over the next few days.
If she is developing an infection, her resisting to bear weight will continue to get worse. You may see some swelling, or feel heat, as well. If that happens, she needs to see a vet for antibiotics.