Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience as a veterinary practice owner working with cats. I am happy to give you practical information.

How much xanax can i give my 12 lb cat? Im traveling to florida

How much xanax can i give my 12 lb cat? I'm traveling to florida and since this is the first time doing this with my cat I want her to be as comforatable as possible.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

The dose of Xanax (Alprazolam) is between 0.01 to 0.05 mg per pound every 12 hrs. Since Carmen has not ever had this medication, start at the lower dose and give it a trial run before traveling so you know for sure how this will effect her.

This medication is a controlled substance so your vet must prescribe it and will help with dosing.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your assistance. I will be seeing a vet but I wanted to make sure of the dosage etc So I have something to reference.

You are very welcome, James!

Happy travels!!