Dr. Louis Gotthelf
Dr. Louis Gotthelf, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years owning a dog and cat veterinary practice. President of an animal emergency clinic
1348006

I never got a 2nd reply to my cat problem. Nora have no crystals.

I never got a 2nd reply to my cat problem. Nora have no crystals. She is an only cat . All her surroundings and routines are the same as the past 7 year. But now she is urinating on my Day-Bed. I washed everything yesterday and sprayed it with nature's Miracle just for cats and she DID IT AGAIN!!! I'm beside myself. I will no longer feed her any fish/seafood foods..Have put aluminum foil on my furniture but can't live like that.. What do I do?????

Dr. Louis Gotthelf :

Hi. I'm Dr. Gotthelf. I have been a vet for 35 years and I would like to use my experience to help you with your pet's medical problem.

Dr. Louis Gotthelf :

This could be a behavioral problem rather than a medical problem. I have found that when cats are peeing on objects, they are not happy. I will often try a human antidepressant that works well in most cats to make them feel better psychologically. It is called Elavil. Ask your vet if your cat could try some for 2 weeks to see if that makes a difference. It really has no side effects.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Nora. How is everything going?

Dr. Louis Gotthelf