Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience

My I ask you something my father must have gave my kitten to

My I ask you something my father must have gave my kitten to much Wormer he seems to be awake but not moving every time I pick him up it's like he stretches out.What do I do? I can not take him to a vet right now because my vet is closed please help
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Taylor and welcome!

Thanks for requesting me to answer your question about Paws.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Do you know the name of the wormer?

When was it given and how much was given?

Was the wormer given as a preventative or does your kitty have worms? If so, what kind of worms?

Is Paws breathing normally and is he able to walk?

Thanks for all your additional details.
Cher

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The name of the wormer was pro sense and the dosage was enough for two kittens.It was given about 12 pm this afternoon.He does not have worms.He is able to breath normally but he cannot move.

Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.
Hi again, Taylor and thanks for your helpful reply.

The drug in Prosense is piperazine and it is one of the older de-wormers for roundworms. Side effects can include loss of appetite, vomiting and/or diarrhea and in some pets, loss of balance or coordination. If your father gave a double dose of this dewormer to Paws and now he is not able to move on his own, I would consider this an emergency. If your vet is closed, he needs to be evaluated in person by an ER vet center and treated.

If you're not sure where your closest ER vet is located, you can check at this site by entering your zipcode: http://www.vetlocator.com/ Enter your zipcode in the middle square that says 'Pet Emergencies".

I hope all will be well with Paws once he is seen and treated!

If you need any additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If you found my answer helpful, a Positive rating and Positive feedback on the survey, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Laughing

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher Only" and I will respond as soon as possible.

Warmest regards,
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience: Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you so much Mrs.Cher I will sureley give you a good rating :)

Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.
You're most welcome, Taylor and I truly appreciate your positive rating!

I hope Paws will be fine once he's seen and treated by the vet!

Best wishes,
Cher

PS: there is no need for any additional information at this time; this is simply a 'thank you'! : )