Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

Can I substitute Orbax for Clavamox for my cats UTI?

Can I substitute Orbax for Clavamox for my cat's UTI?

Dr. Whitehead :

hello there. My name isXXXXX Orbax is a very good antibiotic and is used commonly in cats with UTI's. So in this instance it would be appropriate to use it. Definitely consult with your vet tomorrow though just to make sure they do not want to do anything else for him.

Customer:

Thank you. Will it work quickly (tonight) to curb his symptoms? Clavamox worked pretty quickly. He keeps trying to urinate, and is very restless.

Dr. Whitehead :

yes it should work quickly its a very good antibiotic. Just as good if not a little better in some instances than clavamox

Customer:

Ok, thanks! I will call my vet first thing in the AM.

Dr. Whitehead :

Sounds good. You are very welcome. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit. Thank you

Hi T,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Crake. How is everything going?

Dr. Whitehead