Candy R.
Candy R., Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

11 week old kitten had diarrhea and is still recovering from

11 week old kitten had diarrhea and is still recovering from neutering surgery. I can't get him wet, so I cleaned him with a wet one antibacterial wipe. He then cleaned himself. I realized he probably ingested the chemicals in the wipes. I am worried the wet one chemicals will make him sick. What should I do?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years.Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear Bandit is having some diarrhea. The good news here is that the antibacterial properties in the wetones are not toxic and should cause no problems if he tries to clean himself up. If he were to lick to much this could cause some nausea but it would take a lot for this to happen so I would not expect to even see that and would not be worried.

If the diarrhea continues then you will want to have your vet check a fecal sample for intestinal parasites such as worms or protozoa. You can offer him 1 tablespoon of canned pumpkin( not pie filling) daily or even add some boiled white rice to some canned food to help firm up the stool.

I hope this helps ease your mind and Bandit feels better soon. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue.
Hi Beth,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bandit. How is everything going?