petdrz, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.

Open Soars at the base of the cats tail. They are deep wells,

Open Soars at the base of the cats tail. They are deep wells, very red, bloody inside. If I can attach a picture I will. Cat keeps licking them.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Buster today. I am a veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you, if you don't mind.

Did these soars appear quickly on Buster? Is the area swollen at all?

Is Buster an indoor only cat or is he allowed outdoors as well?

Have you seen fleas on him? Do you use a flea prevention type product at all?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Buster is an Indoor/Outdoor Cat.

Can't say how long it took to appear. We noticed them yesterday. No fleas on him. We use Frontline or equiv liquid medicine.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have good pictures but the site won't allow me to add them Says I don't have permission.

To attach a picture, look in the toolbar and click on the paperclip.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I click the paperclip browse to the pic , it uploads then when I click reply to expert it tells me I don't have permission.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "" on this server.

Reference #18.477090c6.1372632512.3f9e14b

Here is another option:

Go to

It's free, and all you need to do is go to the site and:

1. click the "Computer" button

2. double click the image on your computer

3. click "start upload"

Then just copy/paste the new link in the browser window and you can immediately supply your Expert with your pictures by posting the link to your question page.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, got them. Give me a few minutes to type a reply.
Those definitely look like bite wounds. When a bite occurs, the puncture allows bacteria to penetrate down deep into the tissue and the original puncture will often seal over. That bacteria festers and forms an abscess and the pus has to find a way out so it will form those deep tracks that you are seeing and the open up the overlying skin.

It is good that it is now open, but there is a large amount of infected tissue there and Buster really needs to be on oral antibiotics to help this heal. I would get him to a veterinarian as soon as possible so that this can start to heal and not infect more tissue since there is not much in that area to lose.

I hope this is helpful. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Dr Z

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much.

I really appreciate your time and expertise.

He will be at the vet tomorrow AM.

Thank you kindly for the positive rating and the bonus. It is truly appreciated.

Good luck with Buster and I hope he is all healed up soon!

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.