Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
6340741

My cat seems to suffering from hayfever,he has watery eyes

My cat seems to suffering from hayfever,he has watery eyes and sneezes when grass is cut etc.Can I give him Piriton,or Piritese and if so in what dose,he is a medium sized neutered boy with no other health problems,he is 2 years old.Many Thanks.

Drew :

Hello, thanks for your question today! I am Dr. Drew, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Drew :

Piriton or Piritese are both acceptable for use in cats, at a dosage lower than would be used in a human.

Drew :

Typically, 1/4 tablet of either would be a reasonable starting point, going up to 1/2 tablet if no improvement is noted.

Drew :

For Piriton, that typically means starting at 1mg, and going up to 2mg if needed. The Piritese starts at 1.25mg, and goes up to 2.5mg.

Drew :

Either of these can be given every 12 to 24 hours.