Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My kitty that is about 2 1/2 months ate a little woolite One

My kitty that is about 2 1/2 months ate a little woolite One step. My daughter was cleaning a spot and it calls to let it sit and dry. She kept the kitty away but when she walked out of the room for a few minutes he made his way to the Woolite Carpet Spray. He seems fine but want to make sure there is nothing we are missing.
Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

This should not cause any problems. The most we would expect to see is some drooling from a taste reaction in the mouth and potentially some nausea/ vomiting. Other than that, he should be fine.

If you notice him drooling, I would rinse out his mouth with water and then give some treats or tuna- something to get the taste out. If you notice any vomiting, then I would with hold food/ water for 4-6 hours to rest the gut.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you! The kitty has had diahrrea for three days. But we think it's because he's been eating our dogs food. Up until now he's only had Friskies can food, Do you think this is the reason for the diahrrea? We bought him a bag of Purina Kitten Chow and were mixing it with his wet food. Do you think this might help? Other than that he's acting perfectly fine. Thank you so much and I look forward to seeing your response!

The diarrhea is probably related to the diet. When we have these changes in diet, it will cause diarrhea.

I would go with something like kitten chow over Friskies. It'll be more balanced and better tolerated in the intestines. I'd also keep the dog food out of reach and just meal feed the dog to prevent him from eating it.