My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the moderator for this topic. I've been trying to find a professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Camille - Moderator
Yes I will wait. Thank you
Yes I will wait
You have confirmed what I already was reading other places. I will call the vet and discuss. The dosage recommendations I have read some other places say .15 mg per pound every other day. This would be about 1.8mg for my cat which is now receiving 12.5mg daily. They were unable to get a urine sample when I carried him back. They did change his diet to a Special SO diet food. So do you think the 5mg Prednisolone twice daily is still a good idea? Then recheck the CBC in a week or two? They did give me Clindacure and Orbax last Saturday as a preventive measure because of the decrease in white blood cell count.