Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have found a 3 week old kitten. She is now 6 weeks and in

I have found a 3 week old kitten. She is now 6 weeks and in what seems to be in good health. She is not my first baby. Anyway, I have noticed that she has had a limp tsil, and still today does not move it. She a.lso seems tompee all over her hind quarters and tail. Are these related, and what should i do? Just cant take her into the vet yet. Please help...

It sounds like she has a tail pull injury. These happen on occasion in cats. There will be something that happens to injure the nerves in the tail. The tail will then hang limp. It will not raise when they urinate or defecate, so it can get soiled and require frequent cleaning.

The good thing is that these usually resolve on their own. It takes time for the nerves to regenerate, but they usually will. I typically give them pain meds for 3-5 days and then give a time frame of ~ 1-2 months for the nerve function to return.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.