Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience

My Cat has 2 small white growths just inside the rectum and

My Cat has 2 small white growths just inside the rectum and are visible when she relaxes the area. Is this an health issue?
Hello, Paul and welcome to Just Answer.

From your description, you could be seeing evidence of an anal gland problem and it would be advisable to have Maggie evaluated in person by a vet. This could be a health issues, if the anal glands are impacted, infected and/or are not emptying as they should, with each bowel movement. Anal glands

The small white growths could also be a result of irritation, like small pimples developed from contact with a rough surface or even an allergy to her litter or anything this area contacts when she sits.

The only way to know for sure what these are, and to have them treated, if needed, is to have Maggie seen by a vet and in this way, you will get a definite diagnosis and treatment (if needed).

If she is eliminating as usual, and eating, drinking, acting normally, you can probably wait until after the weekend to have her examined in person.

I hope all will be well with Maggie!

If you have any additional questions, please click "Reply" before rating and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

If you found the answer satisfactory, please take a moment to rate positively and give positive feedback, so I may be credited by the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
These growths are on the inside of the rectum and not at 4 and 8 on the outside (as glands are). They do not seem to cause the cat a problem, I just noticed them and thought I would try too find out what they are. So other than glands (if?) there is nothing else they could be?
Hi again, Paul and thanks for your reply.

While not too prevalent, cats can develop hemorrhoids like humans do, so this is another possibility, as are rectal polyps, if what you're seeing is inside the rectum. Here is additional information about rectal polyps (just scroll down on this page):

Without an in-person examination, this will be difficult to diagnose, so I can only offer possibilities of what this *may* be; I'm sure you understand. If they do not seem to cause Maggie a problem or discomfort, that's great, but try to get her checked out by the vet to get a definite diagnosis and find out if she needs treatment to eradicate these growths.

If you are not 100% satisfied with the answer, please do not rate at this time, and let me know how I can help you further by clicking "Reply". Thanks!

My only concern is the health and well-being of your Maggie!

Best regards,
Hi Paul,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Maggie. How is everything going?