Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

my 2 yr old cat,spayed 20 months ago is showing symptonms

my 2 yr old cat,spayed 20 months ago is showing symptonms of being in heat this weekend. calling, rolling on floor in circles.ect

It does sound like she's showing signs of heat again. Unfortunately, this would suggest that there was part of an ovary left in at the first surgery. We can usually tell whether this is the issue by doing a vaginal swab at the time of heat signs. If we see cells suggestive of heat, then there must be part of an ovary in there. This is not a common complication, but we do see it on occasion.

I would talk with the vet who did the spay tomorrow and get an exam done. If part was left, they'll go back in there and remove it. This will take care of the signs you are seeing.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.