Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

I have a one and a half year old female Russian Blue, spayed.

I have a one and a half year old female Russian Blue, spayed. She is usually very active and playful and vocal. She has been sleeping a LOT more than usual, practically all day, for the last couple days. She is eating and drinking like normal, but when she uses her litter box she only goes a little. I'm about to go on a week long trip soon and I'm very worried about her.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Hi Amber,

I am sorry you are worried about Icee.

Are you referring to urine or stool that she only goes "a little?

Have you been packing and getting ready to leave?

What is he current food?
Will someone be coming in to check on her while you are away?
Thanks,

Terri

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Her urine is the same, but her stool is a lot less than normal.
Not yet, I will be leaving in 3 days. My neighbor and a friend is going to be checking up on her at different times.

Her current food is Purina Cat Chow.

She is also an only indoor cat

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Hi Amber,

Thanks so much for your helpful reply.

Since Icee is eating well, I do not think she is sick.

Cats that eat dry food can get a bit constipated. You can give Icee one ounce of milk. Cats are lactose intolerant so milk is a natural laxative.

Also give her one tsp a day of fish oil. You can get it in any pet store or from tuna or salmon.

Here is info on dry food:

www.catinfo.org

Also get a feliway plug-in. It goes into an outlet like glade and is very calming to cats. Leave some items of your old clothing so she has your scent nearby.

Be sure to leave sitters your vets number and an authorization letter just in case of an emergency.

I hope all will be well with Icee.

Have a safe and wonderful trip,

Terri

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much! I will be sure to do this!

Also, is it normal for her to be more lazy and sleepy if she's constipated?

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Dear XXXXX,

You are more than welcome! It is my pleasure to help someone as wonderful as you.

Yes, constipation can make her sluggish. As long as you have a few days keep an eye on her. If she stops eating or develops a fever, have a vet check her over.Sick cats stop eating first thing, so that would let you know.

Normal cat temp is 100 - 102.5

Please let me know how things go.

If you need anything just press reply and I will be here for you.

Very fondly,'

Terri

Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience: Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you again!
I'll be sure to keep a close eye on her!

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

Thank YOU for your positive rating!
Have a GREAT trip!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

sending as an info request so you are not charged again!