Theresa
Theresa, A Voice for your Pet
Experience:  19+ years in animal medicine as a veterinary technician
1484153

My 9 year old male cat has mouth ulcer.He is having to much

My 9 year old male cat has mouth ulcer.He is having to much pain when eating cat food or cooked fish.Can I give him children does of paracitamol to reduce the pain. Thank you
Category: Cat
Expert:  Theresa replied 1 year ago.

Theresa :

Hello

Theresa :

Tylenol is highly toxic to cats and I don't suggest this at all.

Theresa :

What I want to suggest you try is diluting tea with water and giving him about a 1/2 teaspoon of this every 6 hours.

Theresa :

Tea has amazing benefits at improving the mouth ulcers and sores in cats and has worked better than pain medication on our patients in the hospital.

Theresa :

Have you found the reason why he has the ulcers?

Customer:

May be decade teeth

Theresa :

It could be that the tooth is painful so make sure that the tea is warm but not hot as it would be less painful.

Theresa :

There are a number of serious health issues that can cause oral ulcers and I have to recommend an evaluation as soon as possible okay?

Theresa :

So, make the tea bag as normal. Then add cool water to cool the tea down.

Theresa, A Voice for your Pet
Experience: 19+ years in animal medicine as a veterinary technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much but the problem is how to feed him. He is very stubborn cat . Local vet suggested to apply Gingivitis medicine but I could not because whenever I tried he scratch me very badly.Do not know how to feed the tea.Thank you

Expert:  Theresa replied 1 year ago.
You will need a syringe or a baby medicine dropper that is cleaned and do it that way. Dilute tea will not taste anything nearly as bad as a gingivitis medication which I wouldn't recommend.

You have to scruff around the back of his neck or hold his head and drip it in there. You may need to get someone to help you but this will help take away the burn and pain and eventually he may not fight you so much and start eating his food without my fight.

Theresa
Theresa, A Voice for your Pet