CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
17828336

"my cat is throwing up, and he cant poop, when he tries a

"my cat is throwing up, and he can't poop, when he tries a clear substance comes out instead, what is wrong with him?
Category: Cat
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

Are you 100% certain (this question is very important) that he is straining to defecate?

Meaning...are you certain he is urinating normally?

=-
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm not 100% sure i just noticed this about an hour ago, noticed he was being extremely distant, and when i went to see him he went to the restroom its when i noticed the vomiting as well.
With what you write - his signs are compatible with a SERIOUS condition of a urinary blockage!

Straining to defecate is commonly mistaken for straining to urinate.

Since an examination can not be performed and we can not distinguish between the two, we need to be careful and make the safe recommendation.

When a cat can not urinate - the body can no longer get rid of toxins and chemicals.

This may truly be a life threatening emergency and my recommendation is to bring your cat to your veterinarian or the nearest ER for evaluation as soon as possible.

This link may also help - CLICK HERE

If they say your cat does not have a urinary blockage - that is great - and they can treat for constipation and vomiting regardless.

But - since a urinary blockage is life threatening and fatal if not diagnosed and treated, this is not something we recommend delaying.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click the "GREEN ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for helping you. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated.

This is necessary so that I can get credit for assisting you and compensated for my time.

Once you click accept, your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.

Please keep in mind that if you do not list all the important information above (medical history, current medications, previous illness, etc) it is harder for me to give you the most complete information.

With this communication - we are here to guide you in making the best decision for your pet. We are not allowed to diagnose and prescribe medications - rather provide a course of action to speak to your veterinarian about - and any medical therapy and treatment should only be performed after an in-person examination with your veterinarian as a professional-client relationship has not been established on the site.

You can always request me through my profile (HERE) or beginning your question with “For CriticalCareVet
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what if it isnt the urinary problem? Could he be constipated? I was worried so i watched him in the litter box and the gooey substance came from where his waste was released
Yes - it can be constipation - but we can not take the risk of not knowing.