Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery

My vet prescribed ClinDrops for a cat with a urine infection.

My vet prescribed ClinDrops for a cat with a urine infection. The info on the bottle says it for dental problems....any comments?
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian, and I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. Clindamycin is an antibiotic used for many different problems, not just dental issues, so there's no need to worry, but if there's a persistent urinary issue, a urine culture should be performed, after 10 days off of antibiotics, to determine if there's any resistant bacterial infection present. If blood tests haven't been done, then that's an important consideration, to rule out diabetes, kidney disease, and hyperthyroidism, all of which can contribute to urinary problems.