Candy R.
Candy R., Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

cat is having labored breathing.. pupils dilated, throwing

cat is having labored breathing.. pupils dilated, throwing bile.. froth by the mouth . have been feeding her by mouth with eye drop..her nose is cold but not moist. She seems more comfortable laying in the basement on the concrete . any idea what might be wrong?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Candy R. replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry your girl is having trouble.

Does she go outside?

Any chance she got into anything toxic including human medications and plants?

What color are her gums?

How long has she been like this?

Is she spayed?

Can you take a rectal temp?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no plants .
no he doesnt go outside
just started this morning
yes hes fixed
gums are pinkish white
no i cant take a temp
she is moaning like she is in pain and panting too
Expert:  Candy R. replied 3 years ago.
When did he last urinate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this morning from what i can tell.. she is now laying with her mouth open panting like she is hot breathing very fast...
Expert:  Candy R. replied 3 years ago.

Ok This is an emergency cats do not open mouth breath unless they are not getting enough oxygen.

Once a cat starts open mouth breathing the is only a very short time frame in which to get them help. The signs you have described sounds like some type of toxic ingestion, or a problem with the heart.

I would suggest getting her to your local animal emergency immediately. If she is not seen right away I am afraid you will loose her.

If you need assistance locating an emergency hospital in your area please supply your zip code.

Please know that time is of the essence here so she must be seen right away.

Candy

Candy R., Veterinary Technician
Experience: Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer