Ask Dr. Laura Devlin, DVM, DABVP Your Own...
Dr. Laura Devlin, DVM, DABVP
Dr. Laura Devlin, DVM, DABVP, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DABVP, Specialist in Canine and Feline Practice, Veterinarian since 2000
14784321

WHAT IS THE BEST RECOMMENDED CORDLESS TOENAIL TRIMMER FOR MY CAT ?

I am Dr. Devlin, and I am happy to assist you.

Are you looking for a rotary-style trimmer, sort of like PediPaws?

Thanks,
Laura
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
YES, I AM HAVING DIFFICULTIES WITH MY MANUAL TRIMMER (HURTING MY CATS IS MAKING ME SAD :(. i WAS WONDERING IN YOUR OPINION IS "PEDIPAWS" THE ROTARY STYLE TRIMMER YOU WOULD RECOMMEND OR SHOULD I USE ANOTHER BRAND? THANK YOU
Thank you so much.

We have used PediPaws in our hospital - a client bought it for us as a gift. We had to remove the guard because it's basically worthless. :)

However, an easy option is to purchase a small dremel from your local hardware store - like Home Depot. You can get one that is cordless, and also it will have variable speeds. Purchase the sandpaper tips - you don't need anything too coarse - and you are ready to go!

A dremel is what is used at most vet hospitals.

The PediPaws does work ok, but is overpriced in my opinion. Also, you will have more options for using the dremel for other applications.

Here's an example:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=202713166&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=202713166&cm_mmc=shopping-_-googlebase-_-D25X-_-202713166&locStoreNum=901

Hope this helps, and best luck with your babies!
Laura