Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience

My cats have horrible static electricity in their fur, which

My cats have horrible static electricity in their fur, which makes it difficult to groom or even pet them. This is especially hard with my long-haired Himalayan. Do you recommend any ways of dealing with static in fur?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

The best way to minimize static electricity in your cats' fur is to increase the moisture in the air of your home. You can use humidifiers in the rooms they occupy the most, and also, before you pet or groom them, take a slightly dampened cloth or paper towel, wipe them down with it, and also run the comb/brush under the tap to wet it (blot on paper towel before grooming).

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please click 'Reply'. Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,