Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience

What should I do if my cats nose is suddenly pale

What should I do if my cat's nose is suddenly pale?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
HelloCustomer and welcome back to JustAnswer!

How is your cat acting at the moment?

Are his pupils dilated (really big and black), is he lethargic, does he seem weak, can he walk without difficulty, is he breathing normally, is he responsive when you call his name and does he respond to your touch?

Can you check the color of his gums and if they are usually light pearly pink, do they look paler, almost white, as well?

Is your cat being treated for any medical conditions?

Thanks for all your additional detail.
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again,

Just two more questions: has he been eating, drinking and eliminating normally today, and does he spend any time outside?

Thanks
Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Pupils are dilated, gums are a little pale. Not eating quite as much as usual. Hard to tell about elimination b/c I have 2 cats. He does spend time outside.
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, thanks for your reply with additional and helpful information.

There are various possibilities, but the top ones are: he ingested a toxic substance outside (or in the house) and this is causing his symptoms. If he had any access to rat poison, or is a hunter and kills/eats mice or parts of mice or other rodents, he might have been poisoned 'by proxy' with rat poison, which causes uncontrollable internal bleeding; it removes the clotting factor from the blood and is very dangerous, requiring immediate vet treatment.

If he has not urinated today, he may have a urethral obstruction, which means he cannot pass urine out of his bladder and the toxins building up in his body can cause severe illness.

He could have been injured outside by a car or other vehicle and is bleeding internally.

As you can see, there are so many possibilities, but considering the symptoms you described, it would be advisable to have him evaluated in person by an ER vet, immediately.

I hope all will be well with your furry boy once he is assessed and treated.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback. If you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience: Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience