Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My cat started making this loud noise, just like a baby crying/yelling

My cat started making this loud noise, just like a baby crying/yelling and then literally projectile vomited everywhere! This is the 2nd time in 2 weeks she has done this. She has also started acting 'different', doesnt want to go outside anymore, lots of hissing, always seems sad.... She is 2 years old and has always been extremerlly playful and wnating to be outside, but now she is the complete opposite. Is something wrong??

I'm sorry your cat is not acting like herself.

Cats will make this loud/deep cry before they vomit, because they feel sick, may have pain in their stomach, need to throw up, and this is how they express it. Due to your description of all her symptoms and general change in behavior, it's possible that your cat has ingested a toxic substance or other non-food item inside or outdoors, which is causing her gastrointestinal system to be upset.

An intestinal viral or bacterial infection is also possible, as are some other medical conditions. If your cat is not spayed, she could have developed a serious uterine infection called pyometra, which requires immediate veterinary treatment, but if she is spayed, we don't have to worry about that.
http://www.sniksnak.com/cathealth/pyometra.html

It would be a good idea to have her evaluated in person as soon as possible, by a vet, so she can be diagnosed and treated, then feeling back to her normal and happy self.

I hope all will be well with your furry girl!

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback. If you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,
Cher