Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience

My cat ate bits of a kalanchoe plant. Maybe tuesday/wed. ,

Customer Question

My cat ate bits of a kalanchoe plant. Maybe tuesday/wed. , it is now Sunday...
She started out vomiting on Tuesday and has slowly gotton worse. She is taking short breaths but still has energy and humor playing with my dog. Today she will play and then stop suddenly to have to act like shes vomiting and nothing comes out. She definitely does not have energy. I paid attention to if she was going to the bathroom and it doesnt look like it. She will eat soft food. I have no money to take her to the vet, what can i do?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.

I'm sorry to hear your cat has ingested pieces of a Kalanchoe plant, and is not feeling well, as this plant is toxic to cats. Because this happened on Tuesday/Wednesday and her symptoms have worsened, she needs to be evaluated by a vet, immediately. I appreciate your financial bind, and may help you pay out your vet fees in installments, plus you can apply online for an instant decision, in most cases. You can also contact the organizations listed at the link below, to help pay vet fees, but there's no doubt that your cat needs to be seen and treated by a vet, now, to be treated for this toxic ingestion.

I hope all will be well with your furry girl.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,