Karen Purcell
Karen Purcell, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  20+ years experience as a veterinarian and cat owner.
14104846

my cat feels sick and smells like poop what coul this be

Claudia,

What do you mean by your cat 'feels sick'? What is he doing? Vomiting, diarrhea, coughing, sneezing? Does he have a fever (temperature > 103F)? Is he using the litter box? How long has this been going on? Is he eating at all?

With some more information, I will happily help you with this,

Dr. Karen

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hE HAS LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT, YOU CAN SEE THE BONES OF HIS BACK ,AND SMELLS LIKE POO AND VOMIT

Claudia,

Your cat obviously has been sick for awhile and needs to see a veterinarian. This is not normal. If your vet is not open this evening, you should get your cat in first thing tomorrow. This could be any number of things - kidney or thyroid disease, cancer, an infection. Many of these are treatable, but only if you get him cared for in time.

Dr. Karen

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hello Dr Karen,

We took Freddy to the vet yesterday, and were able to help him with a final act of love.

Thank you for your help, and the service you provide.; At 16, to be 17 in March, my baby was very uncomfortable and fell asleep with me singing his kitten song.

Regards,

Claudia