CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

can you give a cat ambien to pass away

can you give a cat ambien to pass away
Category: Cat
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your post!

Unfortunately - I think all veterinarians would not agree that is an acceptable method of humane euthanasia as it can cause many complications even heart or breathing changes, but not death and passing.

I would recommend contacting your veterinarian to see if either they will come to your house or the know a mobile veterinarian in your area that can come over to make this a peaceful process for your and your cat.
Please click "ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

The above is given for information only. Although I am a licensed veterinarian, I cannot legally prescribe medicines or diagnose your pet's condition without performing a physical exam. If you have concerns about your pet I would highly advise contacting your regular veterinarian.