Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Im not sure if my cat got hit by a car, what are the signs

I'm not sure if my cat got hit by a car, what are the signs and symptoms?

Hi there,

How old is he?

Are his gums pale?

Is he eating?

Thanks,

Terri

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Wolfie is 12yrs old. His gums are slightly pale. No he is not eating. He is resting on his stomach with his paws tucked under. He is very quiet. I've noticed early he had black marks on the tips of his claws. His front claws are slighty scuffed.

Dear friend,

I am sorry Wolfie is having trouble.It does sound like he may be in pain.He could have been hit by a car , in a fight,ingested a toxin or just ill.

Feel all over his body and look in his mouth for any abnormalities.

Keep him indoors and warm

Make sure he is qablke to urinate!

Offer him milk or tuna juice to drink.

Canned cat food to eat or tuna

Cats are attracted to smelly foods - the stronger the better. If he wants tuna, give it to him.You can also try fancy feast, clam juice or baby food.

human baby food in meat flavours (check that there are no onions or garlic in the ingredients) and mix that with warm water and offer that, or syringe it in little bits into your cat's mouth. Beech Nut makes a line of baby food that has nothing but meat (beef, chicken, turkey or veal) in it. Here's a link: http://www.beechnut.com/Our%20Baby%20Food/Results.asp If you cannot find this, you could find another meat baby food - just read the label carefully to be sure there are no onions, onion powder, garlic, or garlic powder in it.

.

If his tummy needs a rest, feed baby food with no onion or garlic for a few days.

If he wont eat, and your cat is not diabetic begin by giving him two droppers (cc size) of unflavored pedialyte every ten minutes for an hour. Next water down(plain water) canned cat food or baby food chicken or turkey with no onion or garlic and give only one dropper every ten minutes for another hour. Wait two hours and repeat both. When he feels hydrated he will lick up the gruel on his own.

Give him droppers of unflavored pedialyte a few times a day to make sure he stays hydrated.

If he throws it up or refuses food have him seen immedately by a vet.

Please let me know how he is doing. I will always be here for you.

I hope he feels better very soon.

Sincerest best wishes,

Terri

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Terri, will do!

It is my pleasure to help someone as lovely as you and your sweet baby.

I will always be here for both of you.

Thank you for your accept.sending as an I R so UR not chrged again

Please let me know how he is later.

Best wishes,

Terri