Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

Is it safe to use Neosporin cream in a cats eye for minor infections

Customer Question

Is it safe to use Neosporin cream in a cats eye for minor infections? (Cream, not jelly, and not the pain relief version). I care about my cat however I am disabled and have a hard time getting to the vet. Especially when my limited income can afford the Neosporin but not the 125$ visit to the vet for a product that Neosporin could have matched.
So, please, no preaching... if the cats eye gets worse I will have a friend take her to the vet. Just want to know: is it safe to use Neosporin cream in a cats eye?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 7 years ago.

Dear friend,

I am sorry your cat has trouble.

Neosporin can be used on cuts but definitely NOT in the eye.

You can apply damp teabags or use plain saline made for contact lens wearers and sold in drug stores.Or get Terramycin

Please let me know how she is doing.

Sincerest best wishes,