Reani
Reani, Cat Care Expert
Experience:  20+ years experience with Cat Care and behavior problems, 3 years Pet Rescue
3350763

My cats eye became swollen and gooey this morning. She is

Customer Question

My cat's eye became swollen and gooey this morning. She is lethargic, but is eating and drinking. She is an indoor/outdoor cat. Is this an emergency or can I wait until tomorrow to take her to see the vet?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Reani replied 7 years ago.
Good Morning,

While it is good that she is eating and drinking, the lethargy is concerning. I would get her in as soon as possible so that it does progress to not eating as that can harm her liver. Since she goes outdoors there is no way to know if this is a cold and eye infection or if she may have an internal injury that we cannot see. My recommendation would be to have her seen today if you can, and if not definitely tomorrow. If she stops eating or starts hiding, or she cannot seem to go to the bathroom, get her in right away.

I hope that helps!

Warmest Wishes,
Reani