Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience

my cat seems afraid of me..his mouth is little ajar he is warm

my cat seems afraid of me..his mouth is little ajar he is warm to touch and wont let us near him..I felt his nose and ears are usually the one he is always with...he follows me everywhere..he always wants to be in my arms and he is a very affectionate cat...this just started today..he is a indoor cat...i have a female cat but she seem okay

A hiding and fearful cat, is typically a cat in pain. Although your cat is indoor-only, he could have ingested a toxic substance or other non-food item, and this is causing his symptoms. However, in male cats, a primary concern is a urethral obstruction, so if you haven't seen him urinate within the past 12 hours, he should be seen by the ER vet, immediately.

He also may have a fever, and that's why he feels warmer than usual; you can take his temperature with a regular rectal thermometer, and normal for cats is between 100.5 and 102.5.

He also may have an infection in his system, but the only way to know for sure what's bothering him is to bring him to the vet for diagnosis and treatment, now.

I hope all will be well with your furry boy!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your info..we will be taking him to the vet in the morning..they are closed right now....he finally went to the bathroom about 10 mintues ago...he is panting but still eating....after I see vet I will get back to you....again thank-you for you help...just as many of us our pets is our family....we love them just as much as we love our children...thanks again Catt (im the mama)Laughing

Hi again Catt, and thanks for your reply and your accept.

Yes, we love our pets and they are members of our family, so I know how you feel. I'm glad to hear that he went to the bathroom, and that you will bring him to the vet in the morning. Yes, please let me know how he's doing and what the vet tells you. Just click 'reply', here, to update me.