Dr.Beth, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Graduate of the University of Minnesota

My cat was just in fight with another cat, it may have been

My cat was just in fight with another cat, it may have been fighting for awhile before we saw them outside. We chased both cats to break them up and they ran off. 10 minutes later our cat shows back up with froth running allover and out its mouth. Is that just from running or what? Cat was at vets a month ago for some eye and respiratory infection. Any ideas. Thanks

I am sorry to hear about your cat's fight. From your description of the events, the frothing and drooling sound fairly normal. Some cats when they become quite excited with produce copious amounts of drool and foam. This usually subsides when they are able to calm down a bit (this sounds like the case with your cat).

I would recommend that when she has settled down completely (in a couple of hours) you try to look in her mouth and make sure that she does not have any cuts on her tongue or gums and check to make sure no teeth are broken. Don't do this right now as she may still be riled up (and more prone to bit you). Also keep an eye on her eating and make sure that she is able to comfortably pick up and chew food. Aside from her mouth you should have a feel over her whole body for any bite wounds. If you notice her grooming one area more, check it for wounds. If you find any puncture wounds, she should visit the vet to see if antibiotics are needed.

Please let me know if I can be of further help,

Dr. Beth
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the quick aswer!!!