How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NancyH Your Own Question
NancyH
NancyH, Cat Health, Behavior, Care Expert
Category: Cat
Satisfied Customers: 31958
Experience:  30+ years cat owner, rescue, breeding, study of behavior & health care
127115
Type Your Cat Question Here...
NancyH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Caught the cat eating our shamrock plant - is this toxic

This answer was rated:

Caught the cat eating our shamrock plant - is this toxic ? and what should we do?

 

In the US the plant called a shamrock plant is toxic which you can read about here

http://www.cvah.com/article/planttoxicity.html#Shamrock

Most often the reaction is digestive upset.

But you should call your vet to see what they suggest doing.

Or if your vet is closed and you are really worried you can choose to see an emergency vet

http://www.vetlocator.com/hotline.php

or call a poison hotline

 

You can call the Animal Poison Center. The phone # XXXXX this service that provides nationwide immediate help is 1-800-213-6680.

There is a one time fee per case.

or

National Animal Poison Control Center : 1(NNN) NNN-NNNN. This 24-hour manned emergency number is XXXXX in part by 36 different companies along with a charge for consultation.

 

Hope this helps you!

NancyH and 3 other Cat Specialists are ready to help you