Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery

My cat just ate some Shamrock plant leaves!! The plant is

My cat just ate some Shamrock plant leaves!! The plant is not within reach usually --- I watered it and left it in the sink . . . he found it when I was not looking. Help, please.
How long ago did this happen? What is he doing now?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
He is active . . . playing under the table at which I am sitting --- seems normal/fine
OK, thanks for the info.

Shamrocks are really not considered toxic, though they do have a lot of oxalates in them, a compound which can cause stomach upset and irritation. If it was only a few pieces that had been chewed, I don't really think I'd be worried that too much is going to happen from this. For certain, you should keep an eye on him, but I wouldn't think you'd need to rush him in for immediate care at this time.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I was so concerned I notice I forgot to tell you it happened just a short while ago . . . 30 minutes.   Thank you for your information.   I was concerned they were toxic.   I will keep it out of reach.   Thank you so much.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I think this questions has been answered.   My cat is OK. He seems his normal self.   Thank you.