ERAnimalNurse
ERAnimalNurse, Emergency Critical Care Nurse
Experience:  16+ years of veterinary experience
7788723

My cat hasnt eaten for 2 days and she just wants to sleep

My cat hasn't eaten for 2 days and she just wants to sleep and when she walks she walks slowly. She doesn't act as though she is in pain though
Category: Cat
Expert:  ERAnimalNurse replied 7 years ago.

I am sorry your kitty is not feeling well.

Does she go outside?

Is she spayed?

did she get some people food before she got sick?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Is she still drinking water?

Let me know and I will try to help...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
she has diareah and I think she is spayed no she is not eating or drinking

Can you answer the other questions? It will help me guide you better.

If your kitty has not eaten in 2 days she definitely needs to see a vet ASAP. Since she is walking slowly I think that she is definitely uncomfortable. I worry that she may have swallowed an object and has an obstruction, or that she got some people food and now has pancreatitis. Unfortunately, it could be something else altogether. Without answers to the questions above it is difficult to give you a narrower list of possibilities, and even with more information your kitty still needs to see a vet. I think that she should be seen by the nearest emergency vet, because I do not think she can wait until tomorrow, and she definitely cannot wait until Monday. It is very dangerous for cats to go longer than 12 hours without eating as the liver and kidneys have very specific nutritional requirements. Cats in particular are prone to an illness called hepatic lipidosis, which is very difficult and expensive to manage, especially as a complication of an untreated illness. Please see the following website for more information on hepatic lipidosis.

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=O&C=O&A=1457

The longer you wait to have your kitty seen, the more difficult and expensive it will be for you to make her feel better. If she continues on like this, she is going to become so sick that she may die. Please rush her to the nearest emergency vet and let me know if I can be of further assistance. If this has been helpful, please hit the green accept button. Good luck with your kitty, I hope she feels better soon.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
could she be pregnant
If she is spayed she is not pregnant. But if there is a possibility that she is not spayed, then she may be pregnant if she goes outside or has access to intact males. Also possible is a uterine infection called pyometra, which is life threatening and requires emergency surgery. It is now almost 24 hours after my last post and I assume you still have not had your kitty seen by a vet.....you are costing yourself alot of money and your kitty precious time. She needs help and she needs it now. Please take her to the vet tonight.