Dr. P
Dr. P, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  11 years small animal private practice & emergency.

My cats jaw is clicking, she is drooling, have a hard time eating and her drool stin

I recently put flea medicine on her.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. P replied 7 years ago.
how old is your cat?
what flea control did you put on her and when exactly?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Her jaw is clicking - she is having a hard time eating. She is drooling lots and it really smells nasty. I used frontline plus on her about three days ago. She was fine up until then

Expert:  Dr. P replied 7 years ago.
Well she could be having a reaction to the frontline. I have only had a small number of patients react to Frontline. Foul smelling drool means that there must be some sort of infection in her mouth whether it be her teeth or some cats can get sores on their tongues that get infection and then will smell. The jaw clicking often is tooth grinding - a way cats show that they are in pain. You should make an appointment with your vet to have her looked at. Also, if you look on your box of Frontline, there is an 800 number that you can call for support. I would also call that number and at least report what happened.