Dr. Margo
Dr. Margo, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12yrs as practicing veterinarian
14356282

my cat has a swollen pad on his left paw has leaked blood

my cat has a swollen pad on his left paw has leaked blood from it on occasion runs around fine feels warmer than the pads on his left paw?

friskie,

How long has this been going on?

Does your cat ever get outside?

Do the nails on that foot look normal?

Dr. M

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
about a month started out very small pea size or smaller but has grown, has never benn outside in 6 years has benn declawed by vet when he was a kitten also was neuther at the approate time

friskie,

What exactly has grown? The pad or something on it that you can see?

Or the area that the blood is leaking from?

Dr. M

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the blood seems to leak around the the base of the pad he licks it when it leaks it would be thumb pad i think he irriates it just a few drops at a time the other pads are not swollen like this one,

friskie,

With the fact that the pad is warmer than the rest I would think he has an infection. Is the infection just from him tearing/catching the pad on something or is there a serious problem under the skin? The fact that he doesn't go outside makes some injuries less likely.

I don't think it is an emergency but I would take him to your veterinarian to have the foot checked. They may want to at least start him on some antibiotics. It is important to make sure something more serious is not going on.

If I can answer anything else please let me know.

Dr. M