Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

my cat cries when we pick him up and touch his tummy is something

Customer Question

my cat cries when we pick him up and touch his tummy is something wrong?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 5 years ago.

Hi Sara,

How old is he?

Is he able to urinate?

Indoor kitty?

Terri

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
he is a little over a year and he is urinating yes but i dont know which cat is going but the liter box looks like course black pepper and salt when i clean the box he is an indoor cat.
Expert:  Terri replied 5 years ago.

Hi Sara,

What and when did he eat lastt?

Any vomiting or lose or hard stools?

How long have you, seen salt and pepper in the box?

Terri

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
he has been eating fine, no vomiting and syool is fine, just a few days of the salt and pepper
Expert:  Terri replied 5 years ago.

Hi Sara,

A cats appetite is the best barometer of his health so if he is eating fine he may have hurt himself.

Feel allover his back and tummy for any abnormalities.

If he continues to act like his tummy hurts feel for a hard object in his abdomen. That could be a full bladder.

The new kitty may have brought in fleas hence the salt and pepper in the box.

Just keep an eye on both of them for any developing symptoms.

I hope they will be fine.

Have a merry Christmas and a healthy happy new year.

Terri

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
he wont let me touch is tummy without biting me tho and and to pick him up he jumps right out of my arms he has never done that as long as we have had him and he came in to our house as a very clean kitty
Expert:  Terri replied 5 years ago.

If he is acting like that something is hurting him.

Could he have swallowed a sharp item?

Is his tummy swollen?

Has he passed stool?

Are you, sure he caan urinate?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
his tummy is a little harder yes but he is going to the bathroom both ways
Expert:  Terri replied 5 years ago.

He may have picked up parasites from the new cat.

He could have an infection or pancreatitis or even an injury.

If he continues to act in pain you will have to take him to a vet.

Please let me know how he is.I hope he will be allright.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ya i figured that out but i thoght you would know more than that
Expert:  Terri replied 5 years ago.

Dear XXXXX,

Its almost impossible to diagnose him without seeing him All I can do is ask you questions and tell you what is might be.

A cats thats sick wont eaat but hes eating.

You say he is urinating and passing stool.

So that leaves pain and a possible injury.

Thats why he needs a hands on exam.

Let me know if you have more questions.I just want him to be all right.

Terri