Dr. Schillig
Dr. Schillig, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Dr. Schillig has been practicing veterinary medicine for over ten years.

i have a elderly cat at least 10 yrs old the last couple of

i have a elderly cat at least 10 yrs old the last couple of weeks she has shown a decline in the amount of food she eats and is less energetic she is a indoor-outdoor cat but due to the weather she has been indoors all the time she has also thrown up a couple of times i have given her hairball medicine but her eating is still less please advise [email protected] thank you

I am sorry to hear about your girl's decline!

I would be most concerned about the possibility that she has an underlying metabolic disease like kidney disease or hyperthyroidism. These can quickly be ruled out with simple blood testing with your veterinarian.

The other problem that should be rule out especially in an indoor and outdoor cat is intestinal parasites. Your veterinarian should be able to help you rule this out by testing her feces.

I hope this helps!

As always, if you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask them!

Thank you,

Dr. Schillig

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i am sad to report that my cat had cancer and died in april of 2009 i thank you for your help i now have a 6 year old male and we get along well i will keep you in mind if heaven forbid i have a problem but for now things are going well thank you FURBY AND BUBBA