Dr. K
Dr. K, Veterinarian
Experience:  13 years experience as Veterinarian
7189224

I noticed tonight that my cats eyes look sunken in - what could

I noticed tonight that my cats eyes look sunken in - what could this mean???
HiCustomer
Eyes that look sunken in are usually a sign of dehydration. You can check on this by lifting your cat's upper lip and touching his gums above his teeth. If they feel wet and slimy, then he is not dehydrated. If they feel dry or sticky, then he is dehydrated.
If dehydration is apparent, then he should be taken to a veterinarian ASAP to be evaluated and to determine why he is in this condition. Many different things cause dehydration, and without me being able to examine him myself and run some tests, it would be hard for me to narrow down the possibilities for you.
I hope that this information is of some help to you, and I wish you the best of luck with your kitty. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Dr. K