Doctor Wes
Doctor Wes, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Graduate of the University of Wisconsin VMTH, small animal internal medicine and surgery exclusive.
13792516

How can you make a cat in heat be quiet

Customer Question

How can you make a cat in heat be quiet?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Doctor Wes replied 5 years ago.
Customer
If you had an answer on how to keep a queen in heat quiet, you would have accomplished something that only sedatives and tranquilizers have accomplished. The only suggestion I have is to prevent her from getting outside as she will attract male cats from miles around. Then, if there is somewhere you can place her out of ear range that is your best bet. Put in basement, place in carrier in garage, have her kenneled. Not great options I know but at least she is being spayed soon.
Doctor Wes, Cat Veterinarian
Experience: Graduate of the University of Wisconsin VMTH, small animal internal medicine and surgery exclusive.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I wanted a cheap, quick home remedy for my problem. I can not afford a kennel and my family is large so I do not have a place I can put her to keep her from waking up everyone at night. I don't even have money right now for a carrier, don't have a garage or basement. She is spraying all over and this sucks!
Customer
I sounds like you really have limited options. If the temperature outdoors anywhere (balcony, front porch, in a car etc) is tolerable, since expenses are tight you can get a very large box with vent holes in it and place a litterbox in there and place her there during the night hours. Tape is very thoroughly. There really is no good option since a kennel, basement, garage, and carrier are not options according to you. I am not sure how I can better assist you other than giving several different options. Like mentioned before, you can see if the clinic you are taking her to for the spay next week would prescribe sedatives to be used at night. That is pretty inexpensive.