DrAmy, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  9 yrs experience vet care general medicine, surgery, oncology, behavior

My cat stepped on a Mouse Glue trap. It got stuck to her back

My cat stepped on a Mouse Glue trap. It got stuck to her back paw...I got it off with her hissing and crying. Now she's hiding somewhere. Will the glue that is left on her paw hurt her in any way?

It would be good to have the glue from the mouse trap removed. Any cat would want to attempt to lick off the glue and ingesting it could be dangerous.

In order to remove the glue you can use an adhesive remover called Goo Gone. It works very well. You can use a cotton ball soaked in the Goo Gone and wipe the glue off the foot. Then, wash the foot with Dawn detergent to ensure you wash the Goo Gone off. She should also not ingest that.

In the future is she steps on a glue trap, having Goo Gone in the house will make the next time much easier. You can use the Goo Gone right away instead of needing to peel off the trap without it.

One last thing, before you wipe off the glue. Make sure the skin does not look irritated, red, inflamed, wounded, etc. If you notice anything of concern, I recommend you take her in to the veterinarian.

Please let me know if you have other questions. I am here to help.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
<p>Thank you very much for your help. She's doing well today but has...(wanna laugh) dust bunnies and scotch tape stuck to it at the moment. I'll clean her up THanks again</p><p>R.Defeno</p>

Glad to hear she is doing well, even though she's picking up a few friends around the house (dust bunnies:)

Thanks for the update!