Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

my cat hit her head hard on our glass table when she jumped

my cat hit her head hard on our glass table when she jumped up from a chair tucked unde rit--will she be damaged from the head hit?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Age: 7; Female; Breed: Birman

Already Tried:
watching her to make sure she is coherent and all right-what should we test for? she looks really scared. she had jumped up on a new chair that was tucked under a 3/4 inch glass top table and hit her head smack on the glass top. Our old chirs had more clearance and she was not used to the narrow distance

Hi there,

How long ago it happen?

Do you see swelling?

How is she acting right now?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Happened an hour ago-my husband is home with her now and I am at work
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I just called my husband and she is acting very scared and hiding-our other 3 year old Birman is by her side.

Dear friend,

I know she (and you) are very scared.Hiding is normal from fright.

If it swells up or she has a seizure, becomes unconcious, vomits, cant eat or her eyes dart back and forth she will need to be seen.

Give her some time to get over her fright (half hour) ad offer tuna water or milk to drink. Canned food or tuna to eat.

Just watch her the rest of the day because when and if the brain swels she can show symptoms. If she acts normal she should be fine.

Please let me know how she is later. I hope all will be well.

Sincerest best wishes,