Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

my 7 month kitten keeps being sick at random times, he makes

my 7 month kitten keeps being sick at random times, he makes a strange squeaking noise then vomits...then appears totally fine until a couple of days later when he does it again. he is a very happy and very playful, we havent let him out yet as we have a communal garden and were waiting until we move to have or own this bad for him? iIwould really apprechiate your advice. thank you. Tilly

Hi Tilly,

If he eats dry food that could be the reason.

Cats that eat dry can have bouts of dehyration.Indigestion is caused by inadequate chewing. Vomiting is very common. When acid reflux builds up in the stomach, they begin to vomit. Even if they have always eaten this,, they often become intolerant to corn and gluten which are used as filers in most supermarket cat foods.Vets push science diet because they sell it but it is not a great food as it too contains corn and gluten.

Lack of fluid in the bowel also leads to vomiting, Ingested hair can also be a factor.Anorexia for any extended time leads to liver damage and causes nausea and vomiting as well.

I would add some canned or baby food for him

Serve the two foods separately - do not mix them - add a half pepsid a/c tablet, crushed up into the wet food one time a day.

Put hairball remedy or even plain vaseline on his paw for himto lick off as well.

If his tummy needs a rest, feed baby food with no onion or garlic for a few days.

If he wont eat, and your cat is not diabetic begin by giving him two droppers (cc size) of unflavored pedialyte every ten minutes for an hour. Next water down(plain water) canned cat food or baby food chicken or turkey with no onion or garlic and give only one dropper every ten minutes for another hour. Wait two hours and repeat both. When he feels hydrated he will lick up the gruel on his own.

To cure diarrhea add a tablespoon of infant rice cereal to canned or baby food and feed for 48 hrs.

Give him droppers of unflavored pedialyte a few times a day to make sure he stays hydrated.

If he throws it up have him seen immedately.

Please let me know how he is doing. I will always be here for you.

I hope he feels better very soon.

Sincerest best wishes,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I will try taking him off dried..i usually mix dry and wet together. that might explain why he drinks alot.. more than iv noticed with my other kittens. Il try the vaseline as well just to make sure he's not got hair balls..he does like to cuddle up into mine and im sure he has a chew. Didn't know that kitten food has garlic or onion in? how strange. Anyway thank you and I'm sure he'l be right as rain... he is my baby so il do anything to make sure he will be.

Dear Tilly,

He sounds precious! You are very welcome.

It is my pleasure to help someone as lovely as you and your sweet baby.

I will always be here for both of you.

Thank you for your accept.

Best wishes,