Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience

My cats nose is cold and dry, her ears are cold, she is dry

My cat's nose is cold and dry, her ears are cold, she is dry heaving, and she has very little energy. What can I do?
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Allow me to put your mind at ease, that you and your cat cannot share germs in that way, re: with a cold.

The symptoms you describe, could be related to any number of medical problems, but I would suspect either an infection in her system, an adverse allergic reaction, or the ingestion of a toxic substance or another non-food item.

It's important to bring her to the vet, now, for evaluation and treatment. If your regular vet is closed now, please bring her to an ER vet center to be evaluated and treated. If you have no ER vet center in your area, look in your local Yellow Pages under 'Veterinarians' and find listings including 'Emergency Hours' and/or 'Emergency Phone Numbers'; start calling vets in your area until you find one who will come into the office for you or who will make a housecall.

I hope all will be well with your furry girl, once she's diagnosed and treated.