AthenaRVT
AthenaRVT, RVT, licensed in the state of Ca
Experience:  AS Degree, ER Nurse, Orthopedic Nurse, 10 Years Experience, Exclusive Work at Feline Only Hospitals

my cat is foaming at the mouth not a lot and he will not eat

my cat is foaming at the mouth not a lot and he will not eat or drink
Category: Cat
Expert:  AthenaRVT replied 5 years ago.
What color are his gums?

IS he vomiting or having diarrhea?

When you pull up his fur does it stay up or go back down immediately?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

his gums are normal color

no vomiting or diarrhea

fur stays up

Expert:  AthenaRVT replied 5 years ago.
So his gums are pink?

Is it possible he ate something like a plant or licked a house hold cleaner?

Is he indoor outdoor?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

gums are pink

it could be a plant

indoors most of the time but goes out for about 15 minutes once a day

Expert:  AthenaRVT replied 5 years ago.
It sounds like she is dehydrated due to her fur staying up. You need to get her rehydrated as soon as possible. You can do this by forcing her to drink water or giving her some pedialyte. If you think she could have eaten a plant she may need to go to the hospital. Many household plants are toxic to cats. Using the foaming you are describing happens after a cat has eaten something that tastes bad. So you can either monitor her very closely tonight watching for vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy and just abnormal behavior. If you witness this then she should go to the hospital.

You can also bring her there now due to the dehydration and foaming. At the hospital they can give her fluids and determine if the plant she ate was toxic. Since she is not eating or drinking and is dehydrated you may want to just bring her in now so the vet can treat her sooner rather than later.
Experience: AS Degree, ER Nurse, Orthopedic Nurse, 10 Years Experience, Exclusive Work at Feline Only Hospitals