Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience

Is the plant Lilyturf (aka Liriope ) toxic to cats I don

Is the plant "Lilyturf" (aka "Liriope") toxic to cats? I don't see it on any list (of toxic or of non-toxic plants) -

All plants/flowers in the 'lily' family are toxic to cats. I see what you mean, re: having trouble finding this on a toxic/non-toxic list, but knowing that all lilies are very toxic to cats, I would not use "Lilyturf" in any area accessible to cats.

However, on other sites, it recommends using Liriope or 'Monkey Grass' in outdoor enclosures for cats.

"Tall growing monkey grass,nasturtiums and liriope are other favorites for hide-and-seek."

If your cat has already ingested this grass, and is acting sick, an evaluation by the vet or an ER vet center would be your best course of action.