Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience

Why does my male cat cry/mewo all the time He is about 2 years

Why does my male cat cry/mewo all the time? He is about 2 years old and has been fixed.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.

If your cat's constant meowing is a new behavior, he may not feel well, or may be trying to tell you something/communicate with you. A concern with male cats is always a urinary infection which can lead to a dangerous blockage, so make sure you see your cat urinating on a steady basis. if you notice any changes in appetite, drinking, elimination and/or activity, this definitely bears evaluation by the vet, ASAP. Excessive and uncharacteristic vocalization can also be a symptom of an underlying medical condition like hyperthyroidism. Older cats are more prone to develop this, but younger cats may, in certain cases, as well.

If your cat has always been a big 'talker', that's just his personality, and he may be part Siamese, as they are very vocal!

If your cat is exhibiting any symptoms of illness, as described above, or anything else you may notice, bring him to the vet, ASAP, for evaluation, diagnosis and treatment, and I hope all will be well with him!