Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

my cat has sore eyes she has a sort of membrain going over

my cat has sore eyes she has a sort of membrain going over the eye as if she cant see and they also weep badly
Hi there,

How long is she like this?

Any sneezing?

Is she eating?

Indoor kitty?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
shes been like this about three or four days yes shes eating and no sneezing she goes out to do her usuals and may stay out an hour or so but usually stays in most of the time

Dear friend,

I am sorry your baby is not feeling well. It sounds like she just got something in his eye like, hair, litter, etc.

The third eyelid appears in times of stress, injury or illness.

If the eye was injured and the cornea was scratched, she would need to see her vet.She could lose sight and even the eye without special medication.Corneal abrasians are VERY painful so you want to make sure this in not the case.

If it is just irritated, has a foreign object or conjunctivitis,or only the ouside is swollen you can treat it at home.

Try to get a tube of Terramycin ointment. Some pet supplys and drug stores carry it - but call first or

In the meantime, apply a damp teabag three times a day.Try to flush with sterile saline for contact lens weares available in drug stores.

If you see any colored mucus (green, yellow) it mens the infection is bacterial and will respond to an antibiotic - I recomend Clavamox for eye issues.

As long as she is eating this is only an emergency if there is a possibiity of an injury to the cornea. If she is acting painful by rubbing her eye I would have her vet check this morning as soon as they open.

Most cats "act sick" by not eating - that is always a sure sign

Please let me know how your baby is feeling and if you still have questions.I will always be here for you

I hope she feels better very soon.

Sincerest best wishes,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

also terri my daughters kitten who is only six weeks old had a hugh lump on his head we think one of the other cats scratched him last nlght he scratched it and it popped the blood and the puss that came out of it was very very smelly we cleaned it best we could and the swelling went down can you recomend anything to keep it cleanand free from any more infection

Hi there,

Thanks for your accept!

It sounds like the kitten has an abscess/infection.

Go to a health store and get one of these products:

Silvadene/silver sulfadiazine

Apply almost hot, damp compresses to get it to drain. Then one of the aboveor neosporin three times a day. Also put a half tsp of colloidal silver in his water.

If it continues to smell he needs to see a vet for clindamycin.

I hope he feels better very soon.

Best wishes,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

thank you very much for all your help i will most definetly be comeing back to you should any more problems arise once again thank you

You are very welcome. It is my pleasure to help someone as lovely as you and your sweet baby.

I will always be here for both of you.